5 COVID Safety Tips for Returning to Campus
While the university has chosen to start the semester online, there are certain safety steps everyone needs to know about COVID-19.1. Do I have to wear a mask on campus?
Yes, as well as a wristband. All faculty, staff, students, and visitors to our campus must wear a mask and wristband at all times—indoors and outdoors. (You will receive your band for the day when you get your temperature taken) Appropriate use of face masks or coverings is critical in minimizing the risks of COVID-19 to you and others. 2. Where should I report if I receive a confirmed positive test for COVID-19?
Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 should not come to campus and should immediately contact Health Promotion and Wellness at 713-525-3513 or firstname.lastname@example.org (during non-business hours, please call UST Police Department at 713-525-3888).3. What has UST done to protect us from COVID-19?
UST has worked diligently over the past 6 months to prepare the campus for the return of faculty, staff and students.
- We installed informative signage about wearing masks, washing hands, social distancing, and sneezing etiquette.
- Everyone must get their temperature screened and answer a QR Code survey when you come to campus.
- Campus will be marked with Lenny the Lion's paw prints in all heavily trafficked areas, to indicate where you can stand to safely distance yourself.
- Staff members will be helping you from behind Plexiglas.
- If someone is diagnosed with COVID-19, trained Healthy Celt Trackers will immediately contact the individual to gather more information and provide directions on isolating. Trained trackers, by the way, are UST staff and faculty.
- The university has increased its cleaning protocols and changed filters in every building to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- In the event that an individual is exposed to COVID-19, the university has developed several flow charts to guide us in deciding when classrooms and buildings should be closed.
4. Where do I get my temperature screened?
Anyone coming to campus must first stop by the UST Police Department, Hertzstein, Mail Room, or Jerabeck to get their temperature screening and answer a QR Code survey. The survey asks for two confirmations:
- First, have you had your temperature taken today? You MUST have your temperature taken BEFORE entering any UST office or building.
- Second, I understand I CANNOT ENTER the office if I am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or have traveled to a high risk area in the last 14 days (Symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, feeling feverish or fever greater than or equal to 100.4F, congestion or runny nose, vomiting, fatigue, or diarrhea).
5. What is the protocol for visitors to the campus?
For health and safety reasons and to reduce density on campus, visitors will not be allowed.The university will continue to follow all federal, state and local guidelines in addition to working diligently to protect the UST community from the spread of COVID-19.