Celt CANstruction Competition Comes Roaring Back to Address Food Insecurity
Following a space adjustment earlier in the year to accommodate other needs in these unusual times, The Celt Pantry is on track with its food pantry initiative and its Celt CANstruction Competition. Driving the contest is the Veteran Success Center, where the food pantry will be housed.
It’s no secret that some university students across the country have to make difficult decisions about how to afford to stay in school and get their education. The Celt Pantry will be open to all currently enrolled UST students who are experiencing food insecurity.
All UST departments, student organizations and offices are encouraged to participate in this fun and meaningful competition by creating a display in their respective areas using only non-perishable items. At the end of the contest, the food items will be donated to the student Celt Pantry.
The competition information is below.
- Registration starts November 2, 2020
- Register here: https://forms.gle/zwyfNvTQtcpLkGkS7
- Get tips for constructing a display here: https://www.canstruction.org/getting-started-custom
- Displays must be completed by November 16, 2020
- Judging happens on November 17, 2020
- Winners announced and trophies presented on November 18, 2020
- Veteran Success Team picks up cans from display areas for Celt Pantry: November 19, 2020
The Church calls on everyone to care for the poor, vulnerable and those society’s margins. For any questions about this community-building event, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.