Participate in the UST Alumni Oral History Project, Record your Best UST Memory
In honor of the University of St. Thomas 75th anniversary, the University is documenting its alumni’s best campus memories in story format. The collection phase of the Oral History Project, coordinated through the Alumni Relations Office, launched early February, 2022. This memory capture is in conjunction with new print and digital directories for alumni network purposes.
The Oral History Project, a first-of-its-kind publication, will provide a legacy from UST alumni; and these stories will live forever in the Library of Congress! Watch a short video on the concept behind the Oral History Project.
“Alumni directories are a great resource for those who would like to keep in touch with classmates and friends from their time at UST,” Amy Youngblood, director of Alumni Relations, said. “They encourage alumni to maintain those relationships and connections.”
How it works:
Alumni are asked to call 1-866-546-4886 (toll-free) to update their contact information Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. with an interviewer. Alumni can locate their invitation ID number on their email or postcard. They will give that number to the interviewer when the phone call is made.
“On the phone, they will be asked helpful, leading questions for sharing memories from their time at St. Thomas,” Youngblood explained. “The stories are recorded and transcribed, then combined into printed and digital alumni directories for posterity.”
The directories will be available for all alumni to purchase. Alumni will also have the opportunity to make a gift to UST if desired to support scholarships.
- The project will take a little over a year to complete. From January 31 to July 29, 2022, alumni will be contacted by PCI via emails, postcards and phone calls to invite them to share their stories and update their contact information.
- In August 2022, alumni who made apparel purchases will receive those items.
- From September 2022 to November 2022, proofing and editing of the publication will take place.
- In January 2023, the publication will be sent to the printer, and in March 2023, the printed publication will be sent to alumni who have purchased the book.
- The online story vault will also go live in March of 2023.
“This project takes alumni directories to the next level,” Youngblood said, “by allowing alumni to share and preserve their memories that may have not been shared otherwise.”
For additional information, contact the Director of Alumni Relations, Amy Youngblood, at 713-525-2111. or visit https://www.stthom.edu/Alumni.