UST Marketing Team a standout at Education Digital Marketing Awards event
University of St. Thomas-Houston’s Marketing Team received seven awards in the 11th Annual Education Digital Marketing Awards competition: two Gold, one Silver, one Bronze, and two merit recognitions. The event recognizes outstanding achievements in digital marketing within the education sector.
Colleges, universities and secondary schools from across the nation submitted entries. Then, a panel of judges, comprised of education marketers, advertising creative directors, and marketing/advertising professionals evaluated the work.
UST was one of only two universities to receive Gold in the category of ‘Admissions Website or Microsite’ using in-house talent instead of an outside agency. The Marketing Team, led by Marketing Director David Ruiz, shared the Gold podium with Michigan State and James Madison University, which both used advertising agencies.
“The awards shine a spotlight on UST’s digital marketing efforts, but most importantly highlight the massive talent we have in-house,” Director Ruiz said.
St. Thomas was recognized as follows:
· Gold for the category of Admissions Website or Microsite: UST’s Application Management webpage (Katie Caravantes, Sr. Digital Design Manager)
· Gold for the category of Branded Content & Entertainment for Online/Interactive: UST’s Engineering Mobile Wallpaper (Urias Merino, Lead Graphic Designer)
· Silver for the category of Facebook: UST’s MBA Facebook Campaign
· Bronze for the category of Institutional Website-Update/Refresh: UST’s Request for Information (RFI) Landing Page
· Merit for the category of Annual or Community Report: Greater Things 2030 Roadmap
· Merit for the category of Tik Tok: Engineering TikTok Campaign
A total of over 1,000 entries were submitted for the competition. Gold awards were presented to 274 education entrants. Silver went to 147 institutions. And 94 competitors were granted Bronze awards. To experience UST’s Gold-winner Application Management website, go here. To view or download the award-winning mobile wallpaper, click here.