Walk the Way of the Cross on Good Friday, April 7
On Good Friday, April 7, 2023, join 400 fellow pilgrims and walk the “Way of the Cross” beginning at 10:15 a.m. at the University of St. Thomas-Houston's Chapel of St. Basil, 3802 Yoakum Blvd. At each station, participants will listen to the gospel, a reading from classical literature, and a priest’s reflection relating to Christ. The Communion and Liberation Choir will sing Passion and other choral pieces. From each station to the next, participants will walk in silence, following the cross and guided safely by bicycle police officers.
University of St. Thomas-Houston Chaplain, Fr. Paul English, CSB, will begin the procession with a reflection on this most sorrowful and sacred day for Catholics as it commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ.
· First Station: University of St. Thomas-Houston Chapel of St. Basil, 3802 Yoakum Blvd.
· Second Station: Edward P. White Memorial Plaza at the corner of West Alabama and Montrose Blvd., 3800 Montrose Blvd.
· Third Station: Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3617 Milam St.
· Fourth Station: Catholic Charities, 2900 Louisiana St.
· Fifth Station: Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, 1111 St. Joseph Parkway
At the Co-Cathedral, participants will be welcomed and offered a blessing by Auxiliary Bishop Italo Dell'Oro, CRS.
A bus will carry those who parked at UST back to the campus with a donation request of $3 per person.
University of St. Thomas and Communion and Liberation organize and sponsor the Way of the Cross.
For information, contact Paolo Zaffaroni at (713) 203-1566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.